Friday 3 August 2012

Great!

Gas prices rising this long weekend!

As if my budget wasn't tight enough!!

On another note, the moving truck has finally been confirmed to arrive a day after I leave (awesome) but luckily Chris will be home and can supervise that for me. No internet hook up arranged as of yet but hopefully my data plan can handle the burden until I get Creenet!! Otherwise things are falling into place, hotels for the 3 day trip Carmen and I are taking up to Wemindji are booked, route planned and all that's left is to load up my phone with lots of podcasts and great driving tunes! We make our first stop in North Bay on August 6th and make our next stop the next night in Matagami, Quebec.

I have been really lucky to have a light work schedule for the past few weeks which has allowed me to see as many friends and family as I can before I leave. I am so grateful for the time people have made to hang out and spend time and say so long! I can't wait to see everyone again at Christmas!

I am not, however looking forward to saying my goodbyes on Monday morning. I hate goodbyes and I know that leaving Chris and my mom in the morning is going to be exceptionally hard. I will definitely be crying and listening to sad, depressing music on my way up to Barrie where I will meet Carmen with puffy, red eyes no doubt.

Today is also my last day with the family I "nanny" for. I will miss these kids so much and have grown really attached to the family as a whole. I know I'll be shocked when I come visit at Christmas and see how much they've grown!

Anywho, I have (as usual) over packed by probably a thousand pounds so sometime this weekend I need to make time and REPACK (for like, the 9th time) and reevaluate what actually needs to come, as well as find some of the basics to bring with me in the car since I will definitely be in Wemindji for a few days without my things (which is giving me anxiety like a boss)

So long!


No comments:

Post a Comment