Monday 20 August 2012

FIRST DAY! - update

YAY!  Today was my first day of teaching.  It was incredible.  It went by so fast and I am exhausted!

My class is really fun, they are rambunctious, energetic, excitable and eager.  I am going to have to work hard with them to establish a classroom rules that they will begin to follow instrinsically with key attention paid to classroom management and acceptable classroom behavior.  Understandably, the first day was a little boisterous but after observing the students and drawing some conclusions, I now know how I am going to approach the classroom management and maintain order while ensuring my students still actually want to come to school. LAY DOWN THE LAW!

On another note, I am working hard to create a classroom with a firm stance on anti-bullying and care and respect for one another so today we filled each other's buckets (gave compliments and said nice things about one another) which was really nice to hear - a lot of offers to jump on one another's trampolines haha!

Anyways, tomorrow is another day and I am excited to try it again and hopefully establish some order at community circle.  I will post pictures of my finished classroom once I get them on a USB yay!

Thanks for all the facebook messages of good luck and support!

My Welcome Door! If you look close you can see the terrible cutting and pasting job I did!!

Welcome from Maquatua Eeyou School! I got a wolf!!

Quite possibly the worst picture of me ever but I had to document my first day!

4 comments:

  1. Dude, I am SO excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question about the door: do you go by a first name basis?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sure do! They call me Aidan, it's so hard to get used to being called by my first name but it's actually kinda cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic and your class looks welcoming, colourful and awesome!!!!!! M ;-)

    ReplyDelete