Tuesday 7 August 2012

Day 2!

Well, I am happy to report that today's leg of the trip started and finished without event!! I did get my muffler and exhaust reattached at a low cost to me which I am ECSTATIC about (thank you Speedy!) and after stopping to pick up a few things, Carmen and I left North Bay and headed out for Quebec!

The drive was pretty good until we hit incredible rain. I am not talking rainstorm, torrential downpour rain. I am talking serious tropical storm rain. Unbelievable. We were crawling behind a line of vehicles going about 5km/hr it was literally insane.

Besides the rain we managed to hit a lot of construction which slowed us down slightly but not too badly.

We made a stop in a small town (the name escapes me) where we bought our cheap alcohol and had our first official "Welcome to Quebec" poutine! It was delish as expected!!

We stopped at a lookout point that described the geological landscape (in French) and climbed the incredibly steep lookout tower. It was there that I caved and made use of the first port-a-potty of the trip and let me say I made the mistake that all newbies to long-distance traveling make - I looked down the hole. Enough said.

So after a long and scenic drive we arrived safely and cars intact in Matagami and to our hotel which is...quaint! My room is JOKE SMALL. Anyways, I am so dead tired and must plan our drive tomorrow, shout out to Brandi for being an incredible help and resource for this trip, thank you sooo much!!

Wish us luck tomorrow as we embark on the final leg of our journey, the roads are less than forgiving apparently and we are going to take it slow!

No comments:

Post a Comment