Sunday 6 September 2015

Super Sunday!

I have had the most satisfyingly productive Sunday in a very long time. I understand that the following description of what I did and plan on doing on my long weekend will define me as a giant loser but whatever. I am who I am!

Today I spent my day cleaning my house from top to bottom. It needed a real deep clean since I have been spending my weekends doing anything but housework since I got back to Wemindji and let me tell you the dust bunnies had reached China-like population. So I scrubbed and dusted and vacuumed and mopped and put away this and cleaned out that and did laundry and bedding and everything else you can imagine and now the place is spotless. I feel whole. I'm not kidding when I say I actually feel somewhat depressed when the bottoms of my feet have bits stuck to them because I am too lazy to vacuum regularly. So no more bits and I am happy. I lead a simple life. I also gathered all that I am going to sell at a joint garage sale Marsha and I are going to have in a couple of weeks. I have accumulated so much stuff it is overwhelming. It's not even junk but just a lot of stuff I have rarely used/used once/will never use again. I'm not even trying to make a lot of money at this sale, I literally just want to get rid of it and anything left over will be going to the dump. Sayonara crap!



Anyways yesterday (and last weekend) I was lucky enough to be invited on not one but two fantastic trips to Walrus Island in the James Bay. Both days were incredibly gorgeous for a trip out on the bay and I am jumping at any offer to go out in the rare gorgeous moments while we still have them. Natural vitamin D can do wonders for the soul and I am soaking it up! So I had a great time with great people and I am very fortunate to be in cahoots with friends who have a boat and can cook a mean burger on a couple of rocks (shout outs to Jeremy Brown wuuuut!)












Tomorrow I will spend the entire day in the classroom (Labor Day for teachers becomes a literal translation) and get some much needed work done! I am on an almost natural high at the mere thought of an entire day in the classroom uninterrupted by children. It's going to be magical. A clean house AND an organized classroom? It's like Christmas coming early.  


No comments:

Post a Comment