Sunday 20 September 2015

Yard Sale Shenanigans!

It's been one busy weekend and full of fun! 

Friday night was quiet for me. I stayed in, listened to music and prepared my stuff for the epic garage sale Marsha and I had on Saturday. I priced like a madman and tried to get myself organized! Trooper was in town this weekend also which was the big event! It was a fancy dress gala with a performance Friday and Saturday night and tons of people went. Apparently very fun! 

So, Saturday's yard sale was very successful and busy and cold!! It felt like 6 degrees all day, overcast and windy! That didn't stop people from the community from coming out and shopping around at our yard sale! It was great to finally unload a ton of my stuff and make some money too! It was fun to see everyone and I am very proud to announce that I managed to sell a double blender that has been a staple at many people's yard sales. I bought it from Marsha's yard sale a couple of years ago and never used it. Marsha bought it from someone else's yard sale years before that and never used it. It has made the rounds in Wemindji and now is off to a good home. Hopefully a forever home. I even managed to make a $1 profit on it. We had a great hype man in Meghan and a very effective lemonade salesman in Marsha's son Talyn and while I still have lots left over for the next yard sale, I consider my first a success!




After that bone chilling day I ran around my house cranking the heat trying to warm myself up and decided to light my first fire of the school year. It was toasty and very cozy. 

Today I went to my classroom and tried to get some work done but for some reason I just wasn't feeling it. I got the basics covered and planned out my week but will likely need to put in some serious hours after school this week to get stuff DONE. It's a short week with a PED day on Friday which is awesome. Tonight it looks like my mom and I will be booking our flights to the UK this summer and start planning an amazing 2 week trip around the mother land!! I can't wait! Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment