Wednesday 26 August 2015

Wacky Wednesday

Well, the first week and a half are down! Not without its challenges of course but I'm pretty content with how things are going. My class is is a rowdy bunch of 17, 12 boys and 5 girls and the stereotypical gender roles are totally reversed. My girls are mostly independent, rough-and-tumble fiesty divas and my boys are sensitive, cliquey, emotional gentlemen. It's funny to watch them interact and "problem solve". 


We are a little further behind than how we left grade 1, I guess they are still in summer mode! I spent the first week doing a lot assessing and figuring out what my needs were and now I have a clear plan for the year in mind. I really need to get these kids into writing and reading mode (as they are thankfully math superstars) because the expectations for grade 2 are really high! I know what these guys are capable of and we have a lot of hard work ahead of us but I know they will rise to meet the challenge!


Otherwise things have been trucking right along. I can't believe it's only the second week of school, I feel like I've been here for ages! I also got my first cold of the school year, with plenty to follow I am sure. I spent last weekend holed up in my
house surrounded by Kleenex and catching up on my downloads and sleeping as much as I could. 

The rest of this week will be packed with fun activities and I can't wait to REALLY get into it next week as I push the kids to really explore their full potential! 

On a social note, I have started the ball rolling on preparing for my 28th (oh god) birthday party! Yes, it is over a month away but for an event like my birthday, it is important to begin preparations as early as possible. For those who don't already know, it is "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"-themed and I will be dressed as an Oompa Loompa. Get ready. 



No comments:

Post a Comment