Sunday 13 September 2015

So Long Sunday

Well another week has come and gone and to be honest I'm glad it's over haha. Teaching-wise, things were pretty good in the classroom. My students are slowly coming along and I am really going to push them this week to step out of their comfort zones. 

Behavior-wise there were a lot of issues in the classroom and it left me mentally exhausted. It's hard finding a way to reach some of these kids when they are amongst the most stubborn little humans I have ever encountered. Between laying the praise and positivity on thick to avoid a tantrum and disciplining like an 18th century jailer, I could hardly catch my breath. MANY, many stickers were ceremoniously removed from the sticker chart last week and many tears were shed. However I am optimistic for a better week this week and I have some fun activities planned which will hopefully act as an incentive for better behavior!! Fingers crossed! If that doesn't work then you shall surely be seeing me in the streets with a recognizable paper bag and stylishly disheveled look. 



Otherwise this week was pretty good! My friend Meredith and I chose to run a Yoga Club for grades 3 and 4 after school once a week as our extracurricular activity and so far it has been going really well! The kids are so into it and the room has been packed! It's great to see these kids taking it so seriously and putting in a whole hour to learn yoga! Last week we skyped in my sister Eryl (a certified yoga instructor) and she taught the kids some awesome relaxation techniques and poses all the way from Toronto! It was an awesome experience and the kids loved it. I can't wait to do it again. 


The social life has picked right back up where it left off and I am having a blast hanging out with all my friends, old and new! We've got a great mix of people at the school this year and it's been nice getting to know some new faces. Last night I went to a open mic at the community hall to watch some fellow teachers and friends perform which was pretty cool! There was a boat trip scheduled for today but the winds are high and it was quite cool so it has been rescheduled. Next weekend is the big garage sale and I am super pumped to get rid of some of this stuff and reclaim my spare bedroom from the piles of stuff ready to sell. I've actually been pretty successful lately in selling some larger items on the Wemindji Buy and Sell page too! Wowza! Anyways I've also been working hard on catching up on all the half-seasons I started and stopped watching last year and during the summer. So that's what I will do tonight. Life goals, I have them. 

Tuesday BBQ!



No comments:

Post a Comment