Sunday 15 July 2012

Tough as Heck Boots and Coats!


Guess what! More shopping!!  Life is hard.  Today my mother bought me my early birthday present (Sorel boots - HEAVY DUTY - see pic).  I am very happy that I have now the equivalent to moon boots but hope that it actually does snow and that temperatures dip below -30 degrees so that I don't look like a fool in my lunar get up! (Note: living in Southern Ontario has made me doubt that winter actually exists.)

Watch out snow.  Here come my moon boots.


My future footprint.



My foot
I also bought my annual pair of Chucks.  Yes annual.  I know that good quality shoes are supposed to last but I seem to go through a pair of Converse sneakers a year.  I picked pretty purple.

Stylin'!!
So I am also in the market for a good quality, heavy-duty winter jacket.  I had originally thought "Hey, I have heard of Canada Goose jackets, lets get one of those!" NEWS FLASH those are like $1000.  I am not kidding. I was at the Hiker's Haven and priced them and immediately broke a sweat and asked for the next best thing.  The North Face! Here are the jackets I am considering.  The difficult thing is getting the right size and style IN JULY.  The man at Hiker's Haven made me aware of this as he held up a style I liked in size S.  I said: "UMM..."




On another note, I have started packing things and placing them aside that will travel with me in my car.  This may seem boring and un-eventful but maybe you haven't seen my car...

This is not my car but its my car.
I have to pick and choose carefully because as you might be able to tell, I have 4 square feet of space in my backseat and even less in my trunk.  I will be packing that car like a Tetris master!

Pretty much!

No comments:

Post a Comment