Thursday 19 July 2012

Qualifying for Quebec

So I have been talking a lot about shopping, and while it is the most exciting part of this journey (lol), there are TONS of other things that need to be taken care of in order to start my new job in Quebec.

1. Arrange a moving van (I have sent off the necessary paperwork to the necessary people who make the necessary arrangements on my behalf, lets hope it all goes according to plan!)

2. Organize storage for the stuff I am leaving behind (DONE AND DONE - and I actually can't open the door to my unit now it is packed so full.  5'x5' ain't a lot of room it turns out...)

3. Gather, print, order, photocopy, legally certify and don't forget PAY for - all of the important documentation that gets the ball rolling on becoming certified to teach in Quebec.  I am proud to say I crossed each item off my list finally today as I ordered my millionth copies of transcripts from Ryerson and Brock, picked up my legally certified copies of my birth certificate, degrees and letter from OCT from the lawyer, ordered my letter of standing from OCT, and completed the documents needed for an evaluation.




The package of paperwork I am sending to Quebec is nuts, its so heavy with so many important documents inside.  Lets pray that what happened with OCT (all my paperwork got "lost" the first time around) DOESN'T happen this time.  I am going to avoid this problem by couriering it so at least I can  track it. 


4. Other than that, it's planning the road trip with stops overnight in motels, seeing some sights along the way, praying to the sweet lord above that my car makes it without bursting a tire (or two, or three, OR FOUR!?), saving up some cash for gas, emergencies and incidentals.

5. OH let's not also forget planning?!! I am trying to get accustomed to the Quebec curriculum... lets just say its a little different than Ontario.  Help.

THERE ARE NO GRADES

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment