Wednesday 2 December 2015

Christmas has arrived in Wemindji!


Well folks, the clock struck December and Christmas rolled into town! I am happy to announce that while I am in a sour place vehicularly, I am happy in all other areas of life.  When life gets you down, you get out the Turtles, Christmas music and decorations and go nuts!

Last weekend I had a few friends over for dinner and to decorate my little tiny Christmas tree my mom gave me last year.  It was super nice to have company and raise the spirits a little! While I consider myself a traditionalist, I really see the benefits in a fake, pre-lit tree.  My past experiences with real trees in my house have been tricky, as two years in a row I have somehow neglected to take them down before leaving for holidays, resulting in MASSIVE amounts of needles on the floor upon my return (last time I got home, slammed the door and literally every single needle fell from the tree onto the floor.)

I am also participating in not one but two Secret Santas this year.  One is a one-time higher stakes gift exchange within the school and the other is a daily small-gift/token one with a smaller group of people at the school as well.  So far I am very happy with my gift I managed to score for the whole-school one-time exchange, I just hope it will arrive in the mail on time!!  I am also having a lot of fun giving and receiving gifts for the daily Secret Santa, whoever got me knows me pretty well......... ;P

Anyways, last weekend I ventured into the classroom and decorated for Christmas!  I made some hot chocolate, turned on the YouTube holiday playlist complete with cracking fireplace and got to work.  The decor only added to the chaotic busy mess that is my classroom but it got me in the spirit and the kids went bonkers over it, so mission accomplished!

This week our Elf on the Shelf also came back!! Sylvain is back with a new bag of tricks and so far the kids are loving it! He is really stressing on good behavior this year and leaving the kids notes letting them know he is ALWAYS WATCHING as well we have a hidden camera in the classroom somewhere that goes straight to Santa's workshop so there is that as well.

Practice for the Christmas concert is going so well!! The kids love the song ("Presents, Presents, Presents" - to the tune of ABBA's Money, Money, Money") and its coming along well! I can't wait for the concert day!  We are hosting an Elementary Breakfast before the concert which will take place later in the morning.  Parents and family will be invited to the breakfast and then we can all enjoy the concert!  It is going to be super cute and all Elementary students are performing a Christmas-themed ABBA song, its amazing!!

This Friday I am hosting my annual Ladies Whine and Cheese night!  It will be a nice time to get together, share some fine wine and cheese and relax! I am looking forward to some good laughs and good company.

Anyways Robin is still the cutest baby I have ever seen in my entire life so nothing has changed there either.  The countdown is on for Christmas vacation, I am home late on the 19th and can't wait to see my family and friends.

PS if anyone knows of some good deals on trucks I AM IN THE MARKET.

My Christmas table.

My Christmas tree!!! 

My lazy Christmas door! 

So festive. 

New school being built on the left, my house on the right.  SCORE literally rolling out of bed to get to work next year.  Bye Bye to privacy however. 

Gorgeous Hilary and adorable baby Robin! 

Courtesy of  Dollarama.. 

My first Secret Santa gift, GASP my favorite! 

An angel 

Sylvain's second day had him ziplining in on a candy cane and delivering delicious treats to the class.  How sweet.  


Second day of Secret Santa, how did they know I needed new whiteboard markers!! HOW CURIOUS.
I JUST CAN'T EVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment