Thursday 31 December 2015

So long 2015!

Well another year has come and gone and in all I'd say it was a good one. I had a few major life events, some happy some sad but overall I am pleased with the way things went in 2015!!

Tonight I am in my sister and her man's apartment watching my beautiful nephew sleep by the light of the Christmas tree while they enjoy a date night. Perhaps my most personally celebrated event of 2015 was his birth. The addition of sweet baby Robin to our family has breathed fresh life into all of us and I really feel like he has brought us all closer together. The love I feel for this little nugget is indescribable and the respect and awe I have for my sister for being one of the most natural and capable mothers I've ever met is also something that I am happy to experience. I'm so glad to be a part of this new family's life, both from close and far away. I am so grateful that Hilary indulges me and sends me daily pictures of Robin when I'm in Wemindji, and that my family makes such an effort to involve me in the daily goings on, so that it isn't so hard to be away from them and feel like I'm missing all the good stuff. 

2015 was also a year of personal tests that while stressed me out to the max, also showed me that I can handle pretty much anything that life throws my way, and that family and friends are always there to help me out. I am truly grateful for the kindness and generosity of my close friends and family this year, whom without, life would have been a major struggle. 

I hope to accomplish more professionally in the new year and start planning for the future a little more seriously. I love my life and my job and my students to bits and I want to make sure I am putting my best self out in the classroom. 

I am really looking forward to the new adventures 2016 has in store for me, as long as they don't involve any of the vehicular nature!!! So bring it on 2016,I'm  ready for ya!













No comments:

Post a Comment