Tuesday 24 November 2015

Van No More

Well, it has been just over a week since I crashed my precious van and life will never be the same.  It was deemed a write-off (which comes as a huge surprise to me but I guess I don't know much about vehicles) and I have been given an offer which doesn't quite cover the entire outstanding loan I owe on my van, so that's a real bummer.

On a positive note, and I am desperately trying to find those, I am (still) happy to be alive, happy that I got anything for a 2.5 year old van, and happy that I have plenty of friends and family willing and able to help me out.  What really sucks is being so far away from banks and dealerships, two places I need to be in order to start looking for a new vehicle.  I will have to do some very savvy shopping at Christmas and hope that I get something suitable for the north and in a timely fashion, I only have 2 weeks!  Then I also have to pick up 9 of my tires on rims from the lot where my van is currently sitting in Amos (if I do decide to get a van again) as well as the rest of the contents of my vehicle.  The lot says they will hold my things but I still have to iron out some details.  So basically I have spent the last few days playing telephone tag with all sorts of people trying to figure out what steps to take and how, essentially, to be an adult.  This whole "adult" thing is NOT FUN.

On a lighter note, last weekend was my friend Tiffany's birthday party.  She planned an epic murder-mystery evening complete with characters with sordid story lines and clearly defined personalities.  It was so so so much fun to dress up and play the part of Candy Cann, seasoned showgirl of the seven seas. Everyone involved really took their roles seriously and the night was an absolute blast!  I won Best Costume which I am really proud of and overall it was a nice pick-me-up after a crappy life event.

This week at school has started off crazy, the kids are a little loopy for some reason and my patience is running short!  We did re-start a difficult math unit which began a little shaky and ended on a high note so I am grateful for that.

Last Friday Meghan, Monika and I sat down and wrote out the rest of our "A Very ABBA Christmas" song list for the school Christmas concert!  We have a lot of support from teachers and we have honestly created some of the best holiday tunes I have ever heard, if I do say so myself! We reworked all the ABBA classics to reflect a holiday theme and sent them out to staff with karaoke versions of the music and hopefully classes will start rehearsing soon as the concert is in just 3 short weeks!

On an upside, since I don't have a car at the moment, I have not shoveled my driveway once HAHA! There's a silver lining to everything I guess...

Evidence of dedicated songwriting 











I was also murdered at the end of the night *gasp*!!










Update on Robin: He's still adorable! 











2 comments:

  1. My name is.Mrs.Anna Daniel. I live in Ukraine i am a happy woman today? i need to use this time to tell all people how i got my loan from this honest and God fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $84,000 please contact him. if you also need a loan without any problem he name is Dr Purva Pius email (urgentloan22@gmail.com) tell him that is Mrs.Anna Daniel that refer you to he

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is.Mrs.Anna Daniel. I live in Ukraine i am a happy woman today? i need to use this time to tell all people how i got my loan from this honest and God fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $84,000 please contact him. if you also need a loan without any problem he name is Dr Purva Pius email (urgentloan22@gmail.com) tell him that is Mrs.Anna Daniel that refer you to he contact Email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete