Wednesday 5 August 2015

So long Summer!

It's crazy to think 6 weeks have passed already and this weekend I will start my long journey back to the North. 

I have been totally spoiled by family and friends with both their time and treats. I consider myself very lucky to have people willing to bend to my crazy schedule and want to see me! It's been tricky to be able to see as many people as I can and as often as I wish I could but I still feel like the time I have spent here with everyone has been meaningful and special. I have had some great meals (lots of bucket list crossing off hehe) and hilarious conversation and best of all, just time to hangout and see the people who I miss dearly throughout the year!

Over the last couple of weeks I've been pretty busy, I went to my good friends Alex and Shelby's wedding in Cambridge (gorgeous wedding, awesome company), Niagara on the Lake with my mom, seeing old friends and of course hanging out every opportunity I can get with my fabulous family. Hilary being pregnant has really brought all of us closer together and I am trying to squeeze out every last minute of time together with everyone that I can! That also means Bobo and I have done some major quality snuggling as I miss him probably the most (sorry guys) during the school year. 

I have also managed to shop and incredible amount and I am truly frightened for how packed my car is going to be on my trip home, but then again what else is new. Stay tuned for pictures of my Tetris-style packing job for this year!!

Much to my mother's comfort, I will be convoying it back to Wemindji with Meghan and her lovely parents. We will meet in Amos on Sunday night and head out for Wemindji Monday morning bright and early! While I've done the drive before alone a couple of times, it's always nice to know someone is behind you and you can help each other out in a pickle (aka I hope Meghan's dad can change a tire LOL).  Then it's unpacking, organizing and getting an extra day in the classroom before we officially have to be there on Wednesday. I know myself and I'd benefit from an entire extra week in the classroom but I didn't want to cut my holidays that short this time. 

So over the next few days I've got my calendar packed full from sunrise to sunset. Nails, tires, Costco (bye bye money) lunches, dinners, packing, visits, BBQs and sleep somewhere in there and then early Sunday morning I am off!

Catcha on the flipside!















Sorry/not sorry about all the Bobo photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment