Tuesday 2 June 2015

Waterpocalypse '15

Well folks this is it. I may be dead tomorrow from dehydration. Allow me to explain. Wemindji HAS NO WATER. None. Dry as a bone. All of a sudden I am SO THIRSTY. 



I rushed home to do my dishes and fill my bathtub so I could at least flush the toilet and wash my hair tomorrow but alas, I used up what was left in my home and got a measly 4 inches of water in my bathtub so that was a bust. 


Basically I think the town needs to declare a state of emergency and cancel school tomorrow because can you IMAGINE the problems we would encounter with no flushing toilets (especially with my class who apparently needs to use the bathroom 49 times a period - I swear the doors to Narnia are in there). 

Anyways, as we were all freaking out about no water, my smart friend Shelby mentioned she had her fiancĂ© go to the lake and get water for the toilet tank!! Eureka!! Off Monika, Raquel and Samantha and I went to the lake with our Tupperware bowls and buckets to get some water for our flushes. Of course, a photo op ensued. 






Peasants 
The deadliest catch 
Then we found our water spirit guide

Now that I am home I OF COURSE had to use the bathroom and have now used my last flush. 


Empty

All that remains is a bucket full of water that already looks like pee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment