Saturday 6 June 2015

I Survived the Great Waterpocalypse of 2015

I'm ALIVE! A little dehydrated and shaken but unscathed. Feeling like survivor man now I know I can persevere through anything. 

After 24 hours of no water it was touch-and-go for a while. The uncertainty of when the water would be turned back on was killing many of us. We had resorted to collecting water in the most creative and effective ways, procuring water for toilet flushes in crisis-inflated numbers. It was an adventure! I kept feeling like it was a power out too though I don't know why. I puttered around the house with the blinds drawn, the music and TV and lights off. I cleaned my bathroom with Lysol wipes in the dark for some reason. No water can have a strange effect on the brain. Anyways it's all back and hallelujah we survived to live another day!



The rest of the week at school was pretty thrown off after the mid-week school cancellation. I went right back to do some important testing and then Friday was the MES Community BBQ and Cree Culture Day! The kids had a blast wrapping babies, beading and participating in some fun activities. Then we capped off the crazy week with a free community BBQ which the kids loved. 

Today I am hosting a bridal shower for my friend Shelby with a bunch of girlfriends. It's going to be really fun with some cute games and activities. Sadly the weather has been pretty cold lately so it won't be one of those gorgeous Wemindji sumner weekends but we will still make the most of it. 

Anyways I must get out of bed now and get started with the last minute preparations for the party!!






No comments:

Post a Comment