Monday 7 October 2013

Birthday!

Well it is that time of year again.  My birthday has come and gone and I am another year older.  I swear I haven't matured since turning 16 but maybe that is a good thing?  I do work with children after all. 

Last week was supposed to be our second full 5-day week.  Well guess what!  Our week was cut short again by another sweet, sweet act of god!  A pipe was burst or something in construction that has been taking place around the school and since we had no running water (or flushing toilets.. yep...) school was cancelled for the afternoon, shortening our 5-day week!! So still technically we have not had a full 5-day week, not that they haven't felt that long though!

After our water debacle, we had a meeting with the Cree School Board General Director and higher-ups which was interesting.  They had some inspiring words about our new school board mission and the hard work we are doing as teachers.  It is certainly nice to feel appreciated!

That Thursday evening I had the new teachers and a couple other ladies over for Pizza-ghetti which was delish!! It was great to get to know the new teachers Meredith and Tiffany a little better since school has been keeping us pretty busy! 

Friday was my class-requested birthday party.  We had cupcakes and a dance party which was pretty fun.  It was a nice way to end a long week and the kids certainly enjoyed it.  I was spoiled by all with cards and gifts and made to feel really special.

Friday night was quiet for me, I prepared for my birthday party on Saturday and watched Spartacus (in the wrong order uggghhh) and got an early night!

Saturday was my long awaited PJ-themed Birthday Party Extravaganza! I was pleasantly surprised by an amazing, delicious and thoughtful dinner thrown by Karen and friends on Saturday night before my party.  Moose stew, bannock, salads and an incredible apple crumble was on the menu and I was so touched by the effort and thought my friends put into making my day super special!! I hurried off after dinner to get last minute preparations done before guests arrived!  Lets just say it was a hit!  Everyone respected the dress code (PJs only) and it was a blast.  Great company and lots of (too many) delicious snacks.  I was so happy people came out and indulged my immaturity! 

Sunday was a day of recovery and more rest (I am trying to average one nap a weekend, so far so good) and dinner at the Inn with Carmen and Monika and today, back to school!

We have a 3 day week (JOY!!) which I have decided to use for conducting one of the many standardized tests we must complete this year.  It's all math and quite dry so I am trying to stick fun, less demanding activities in here and there to make the week not seem like the week from testing hell (for both the kids and myself!).  2 PED days and then my mom and aunt arrive from Ontario with BOBO!!  I am eagerly anticipating their arrival and I am sooo excited!

Here are some pictures from my special day :P

 Fresh moose meat!
 Delicious Breakfast Benny!
 Dinner at Karen's!



 Onesie Party!
 Oakville REPRESENT!
 Hamster-tude
 From my dear friends.
 Ommie nommies!
Delicious birthday dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment