Saturday 12 October 2013

BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!

Well I have to say my friends have really outdone themselves this year! I am now the proud mummy to a hamster, Carmonika!!!!!! Carmonika is the obvious the combination of names of the masterminds behind procuring me this gorgeous creature, as well as an homage to the trend of combining two normal names to make hybrid names that seems to be happening in Wemindji at the moment! Her full name is Carmonika Brandi McCaffrey. Brandi also had a hand in the best present EVER!

Only the creative teachers of Wemindji could have pulled off a scheme such as this and TOTALLY surprised me with a pet hamster for my birthday!! I think I might be the only person in Wemindji with a hamster, something I am very proud of. Apparently many people were involved in this elaborate plan to get me my baby. Some teachers were away for training this week in Val D'Or and my friends took the opportunity to ask them to bring me back a hamster! They surprised me with her last night at a dinner of REAL KFC last night at Brandi's which totally surprised me!! I SCREAMED.  

Perhaps the best part is the Flat Stanley-style picture diary these traveling teachers took of Carmonika's journey up north! I laughed SOOO much as I'm sure you will too at these amazing pictures at all the tell-tale Wemindji drive stops. 

Carmonika is set up nicely with a sweet bachelorette pad, a hamster DUVET (thanks Marsha!) and an awesome travel module, so she can sit right up front with me on our future car rides!!

Now I am waiting in my van (apparently looking like a cop) at the end of the access road in Wemindji for my mom, my aunt Melanie and BOBO as they make their way to my home for Thanksgiving weekend! I can't wait for them to arrive. The weather has been gorgeous here today so hopefully it has been the same for them on their drive up! Happy Thanksgiving!! 



























No comments:

Post a Comment