Wednesday 5 September 2012

Skype and the Northern Lights

Last night I saw the NORTHERN LIGHTS again!!! They were SOOO COOL. Not even exaggerating.  Brandi texted me: "Major northern lights!" and I ran out sans bra by accident and had to quickly run back in and get myself decent.  Karen and I stood outside literally hootin' and a hollerin' and making total fools out of ourselves but it was so cool.  They were the brightest I've seen here so far and it's only September so I can only imagine how awesome they'll look when it gets colder!  I tried taking some pictures but they didn't turn out very well, here are a couple anyways.




On another note, I GOT INTERNET FINALLY OMGGGGGGG. Sorry.  The internet men showed up to install FINALLY (1 month after paying for installation) and I ran to meet them so fast I forgot I had a broken foot and I couldn't even speak English to them. I danced, I sang, it was glorious.  The only setback is that I thought I had a router - I don't, so my triplex mates can't access the internet that currently resides in a modem on my bedroom dresser attached to a cable attached to my netbook that is sitting on my lap creating what I think is 3rd degree burns on my lap - essentially frying my eggs. I Skyped my mom which was pretty fun. She accused me of staring at myself too much so I made her uncomfortable by staring at the camera unblinking. We have fun us two!  Then, the clock struck 9 and she promptly dumped me for whatever was on TV at 9 o'clock.  Its not like I'm 1600km away or anything! Here is a picture of her admiring her tongue, payback's a biotch Mama!! **Sidenote: No one looks good with their netbook perched on 3 pillows so don't look at me in that screenshot.





Update for Montreal training!  We found out that we are no longer being forced to take a charter Air Creebec plane to Montreal (I say forced with malice because I was informed by Brandi that a charter might not have the bun thing I love so much so I immediately became sour towards the whole arrangement).  Marsha, Stacy, Carmen and I are driving down to Montreal on Saturday so we can take advantage of some shopping and not have to be so rushed with a charter schedule.  Awesome!! I plan on baking up a storm to stock the car with goodies. 


On  another note, last night I was woken up at approximately 5:30am by what I at first thought was an intruder but soon realised was probably a northern Hippo or something judging by the sounds it was making in my ceiling.  I heard it again tonight and am going to buy bear spray and a hunting knife to protect myself from the next intrusion.  I am going to make me a teepee out of whatever's hide is traipsing around in my ceiling. 

I can't think of anything else right now so goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment