Sunday 23 October 2016

This will never get old: Winter is Coming

Its a dreary Sunday here in Wemindji.  The skies are grey and the snow is falling.  It is starting to stick and I am sad.  I had plans to go into the classroom and organize and get ready for the week but I had enough time to prepare on Friday and I have a lighter day Monday, I think I can afford to get by on the prep I did in the afternoon and stay indoors today, watch movies and cut out lamination! My favorite things to do!! 

This past week was pretty busy and a plague seems to be wiping through the school.  I had some big assessment due with the kids and I finally caught up on my marking and testing and overall I am feeling pretty good about the direction of my class.  Since starting to use a great classroom management tool, my classroom has become much more peaceful and positive and I am glad we are working together towards good behavior! I am getting a lot of support which is also a huge relief and I am grateful.  I will be starting with a job-shadow type of program on Monday which will have a young member of the community coming in each day and living the life of a grade 2 teacher alongside with me!  I anticipate this person learning a lot about life in the trenches and I am anticipating some friendly assistance with my kids!  A win win!!

Anyways since I live a very boring life and nothing ever happens to report on, here is another quiz I found on the internet to fill the space.  PEACE!

What is your favorite fruit flavor?
- If its some kind of candy, then usually cherry or strawberry.

Which two friends can you see together as a couple?

- Marsha and Monika

Which sitcom character do you relate to?

- Ralph Wiggum from The Simpsons

What was the happiest moment in your life?

- When Robin my nephew was born and I became an auntie.

If you knew that this was your last day on earth, how would you spend it?

- Probably eating some kind of Mexican dish.

If you were granted three wishes, what would you ask for?

- Unlimited bank account balance
- Exceptional metabolism
- True LOVE!

Name one annoying habit of any of your friends', which you would really like to change?
- That they love me so much and constantly need my affection and attention...yeesh.

What are your pet peeves?

- People who borrow things and don't return/replace

Where do you see yourself five years from now?

- Owning/operating a daycare or teaching.

What would you do if you won the lottery?
- PEACE OUT.  JK. I would pay off the debts of my family and friends, finish my year in Wemindji, invest wisely, buy a ranch and open a Cat Rescue, travel the world.  

If you were born a boy/girl, how would things have turned out for you?

- Likely the same 

Would you be brave enough to spend an entire hour alone in a cemetery?

- Yes I am not easily spooked.

What is the one thing you wish you could do if given the chance?

- Travel the world without a care.

Do you believe that there is life beyond our planet?

- Absolutely without a doubt.

Got a phobia you want to share?

- Natural bodies of water (oceans, lakes, rivers)

What is the weirdest thing you've ever done?

- Ate kangaroo??

If you could be anyone, who would you be?

- I would still be myself, but better!

How long can you hold your breath?

- I don't know and frankly darling, I don't care.

If you were stranded on an island, what are the three most important things that you think you would need?

- a firestarter
- Bobo
- Diet Pepsi

Have you ever tried bungee jumping or paragliding?

- No, I feel those activities would end badly for me...

How do you think the world is going to end? In flames or an ice age?

- Flames, for sure.

Do you believe that the end of the world is looming in this year 2016?

- Absolutely and it will start in the US.

What is your definition of an incredible weekend?
- I am a loser so: sleep, cuddles on the couch with Bobo, watching Netflix and hanging out with my besties.

What are the five things you cannot do without?

- Bobo
- My van
- A hair elastic
- My family and friends
- Leggings

Give us an idea of your hopes and dreams.

- To become the best teacher I can be, to buy a home, settle down with a lovely man, pay off my debt and finally cut out all my lamination.

What is your favorite day of the week?

- Saturday!!

Are you a cat/dog person?

- I am a cat and Bobo person

If you had to choose between world domination or world peace, which one would you pick?

- Peace brutha.

What is your favorite breakfast meal?
- Eggs Benedict LOVE ITTTTT

Who or what inspires you?

- My mother.  She went back to school at 55, started a new career at 57 and is killing it.  She's overcome and incredible amount of adversity and come through with her class, dignity and grace intact and I hope I can handle my own issues as well as she does when I encounter them.  She is the strongest, wisest person I know.

What is your favorite color and why?

- Pink, purple - they are bright and cheerful.

If you could live on any other planet, which one would it be?

- PLUTO because that little guy is neglected and probably quite confused.

How many places have you traveled to? Name them.

- I am going to be specific here because I haven't traveled the world too much in my short life (places other than where I live).
- London, England
- Wales
- Paris, France
- Mass, US
- Fort Meyers, FL
- Atlanta, GA
- New York, US
- Mexico
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia

No comments:

Post a Comment