Wednesday 12 October 2016

Best Birthday Bash!

Well, I may have outdone myself once again in the themed birthday department.

This past week and weekend was my actual birthday, birthday party and 2 Thanksgivings, making for one very busy few days!  It was a blast and I was thoroughly spoiled by my students, family and friends!! I shall start from the beginning.

Last Wednesday was my birthday! I started the day off being sung to by the whole school!! It was so touching and sweet and of course I milked the attention all day by wearing a birthday crown and badge like a true princess.  Meghan and Meredith made me an AMAZING Chipotle-inspired dinner which I am still dreaming about today.  I was totally spoiled by my friends here in Wemindji and family afar and treated like a queen!

Friday night my friends came over to help me decorate which was very much appreciated because while I am doing much better pain wise, I am still relatively crippled and needed as much help as I could get in putting up decorations and preparing for the epic party I had planned for the next evening!

My theme this year was "me".  Yes, perhaps a little vain and self-indulgent, but if you know me, you know that it's really pure jokes and I just like to go to the extreme of things like that.  And go to the extreme I did.  My favorite colour du jour (pink) was featured prominently.  I had my face on banners, my face on straws, my face on toothpicks, my face on cups, personalized autographed photos of myself, a photobooth with my missing friends and things I loved, my favorite foods and snacks, and perhaps the most incredible part was the commissioned cake of MEEEEE!! (See pictures).  I found out that the wife of the gym teacher made truly incredible fondant cakes so I sent her some pictures and asked her to work her magic and oh my god did she ever! This woman, Sofie, is truly an artist with the rolling pin and created me the most incredible cake I have ever seen.  It was a marvel and the centerpiece to my entire party.  Anyways, the party itself was a blast!! So many people came to have a good time, and lots dressed in true "Aidan attire" which was a real hoot.  I had a really great time.

The next evening (after hours of sticky clean up), I was invited to my friend and colleague Angela's house for a very tasty turkey dinner.  I was nice not to have to cook and I even got homemade turkey soup out of it!! The following afternoon I hosted my own Thanksgiving dinner sans turkey and instead served tourtiere and a menagerie of delicious dishes brought by my guests.  It was a really lovely dinner and it was nice seeing a bunch of new faces around the table!

Anyways, enjoy about a million pictures from the past week and Happy Belated Thanksgiving to you!!
\
\


















































































2 comments:

  1. There`s nothing wrong with celebrating you being a fabulous and amazing person! Clearly all the love that people show you just proves it ;) Happy birthday to a great lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invest in Ripple on eToro the World's Leading Social Trading Network!

    Join millions who have already discovered easier strategies for investing in Ripple.

    Learn from experienced eToro traders or copy their positions automatically!

    ReplyDelete