Sunday 17 April 2016

The Great Goose Countdown

It's on!  Less than 2 weeks and my trusty companions Monika, Raquel, Jill as well as Meghan and Meredith in her car - will be hitting the good old Wemindji access road and then the glorious pavement of the James Bay Highway and heading home for Goosebreak!

It has been a LONG 4 months up here and time seems to be crawling by.  Tensions are high at times and the stress is palpable but there is a positive underlying buzz of excitement as people are gearing up for a nice two week stretch of time off with family and friends.  I am looking forward to some warmer weather and a chance to take Bobo to the vet, as well as get some much needed quality family and friend time.

The kids are doing really well however, which is a cause for celebration.  We are free writing our own mini stories which is turning out to be a lot of fun, and they are reading like crazy and really progressing in the learning goals we have set.  I couldn't be more proud of how far they have come in such a short time and even in the thick of crazy tournament schedules, long dark days and interrupted school weeks, they have worked so hard and I am pleased with the progress.

This weekend we experienced some "nice" weather, AKA weather with temperatures above freezing!! The snow really melted a lot this weekend and it was lovely to see pavement and even GRASS!! WHAT!  However, that didn't last and yesterday we were hit with cold temperatures again, freezing rain and some snow.  Why do all good things come to an end?  As long as the weather remains stable for the week leading up to our departure, I don't really care what happens between now and then. I just want to get home in one piece!

These are the things I am looking forward to doing when I get home:

1. Opening up my packages of things I have bought online and sent myself
2. Seeing my family (Baby Robin) and friends
3. Sleeping
4. Laminating a huge pile of stuff I have waiting
5. Hoping someone will help me cut out the lamination once I am done
6. Catching up on my shows
7. Sleeping
8. Hitting up Costco
9. Planning the rest of my UK summer trip with my mom!!!
10. Sleeping
11. Getting my knee x-rayed and ultrasounded
12. Getting a carwash
13. Seeing a movie!
14. Getting a manicure
15. Getting someone professional to trim Bobo's nails because he bites me every time I try
16. GETTING A NEW PHONE (still don't have a phone)

Anyways I accidentally forgot to drink any water today so I am going to go chug back a few liters and probably wet the bed tonight.  Wish me luck!!

My usual view on the weekend

Auntie's little bookworm!

Already this kid is too cool for me

I CANNOT WAIT TO SNUGGLE HIM


My extension cord has made a miraculous reappearance!! 

Looks like the frost took my woman sticker clean off.  Also: see #12 on to do list

Along with my extension cord appeared my lost mitten!! Hidden beneath snow mountains for 6 months! 

Something I wish would stay hidden is all the dog poop I have neglected to pick up over the winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment