Thursday 28 April 2016

Going, going, GOOSEBREAK!

'Twas the night before Goosebreak and all through my house, not a dust bunny remained, last item packed - a blouse.  Ok corny I know.  Sorry.  I'm just excited!  Goosebreak: the time where I take my pile of things to be mended home to my sweet mother who's needle and thread fixes all the things.

Tomorrow at 3:40:01 I will be picking up Bobo and hitting the access road like a bat out of hell! Goosebreak starts tomorrow and boy has it come at the perfect time.  Don't get me wrong, I love my students with all my heart, but we have had enough of each other I think.  They have pretty much stopped listening to the sound of my voice altogether, tuned me out so to say.  I get it.  I talk a lot but sometimes I see their little eyes glaze over and realize I lost them miles ago.  We have had a TON of fun and hit some real milestones in their learning but we are tapped out.  The next two weeks will be great for them and me.  A chance to relax, take a break from school and come back refreshed and ready to go!  A student asked me almost tearfully who their teacher was going to be after Goosebreak if I was leaving?  I said not to worry, I was only going on holiday and I'd be back to school right along with them.

I am very excited to get Bobo a haircut because he is my absolute favorite with a fresh new trim!! I can hardly see his facial features anymore with that giant dog afro so I am sure he is looking forward to a little pampering.  I will not be getting a manicure this break because I somehow managed to get not one, but TWO fingernail infections which means my nails are literally falling off.  Disgusting, trust me I know.

This Goosebreak I am also loaning my humble abode to a pair of travelers referred to me by a past MES employee.  They are looking to explore the wild and wonderful Wemindji and since I am not using my house, I happily said yes to having them stay.  It's a win-win, they can stay here and I get someone to look after my many plants!!

This week has been a busy one. We had a half-PED day which made it feel like a Friday and very unnatural to come back to school today.  This afternoon the Grade 2s also went swimming which was a lot of fun as usual.  On Tuesday night we threw a surprise pizza party for Meghan's birthday which was amazing.  Meghan's birthday falls right on the weekend we travel home for Goosebreak so we don't get to celebrate it with her.  We did the next best thing and surprised her with a delicious make-your-own-pizza party!! It was a blast and we got very creative.

Otherwise I have been cleaning and packing and getting ready for guests and to travel home so I have been ultra busy.  I am very much looking forward to getting off the James Bay Highway tomorrow night and hitting civilization and clear roads.  Oh did I mention its been snowing for DAYS now and I am completely petrified of the road conditions?? It thawed a little today but basically a snowflake on the road gives me a panic attack now.  So I'll be traveling and a nice, safe speed of about 20km/hr until I reach Amos in mid July.  :P

Wish me luck!


"Tower of Dreams" 

Happy Birthday Meghan!! 

I can't even. 

Pure unadulterated snow rage. 

Oh splendid!! Just in time for my arrival.  Has Trafalgar not been under construction for YEARS NOW?!


No comments:

Post a Comment