Sunday 29 March 2015

Winter Wonderland

I have learned that in the North, the calendar day of Spring's arrival means pretty much nothing.

March 21st?  Just another number on the calendar.  Just another day of the week.  Spring? What is this foreign notion?  The melting of snow, sun shining, birds chirping, flowers blooming.  A dream, a story, a myth.  Spring is a season I teach my children about and regard the topic with them as if I am teaching the mysteries of ancient Rome.  Yes children, Spring really does exist, somewhere...somehow.  Trust me children, I wouldn't lie to you!!

I sit here in my comfy chair looking out the window to what I would call a blizzard.  It has been snowing since I woke up today and hasn't let up once.  NOT ONCE.  Its a pretty soft snow, brought on by the warming "spring" temperatures.  Overnight it still dips to -20 or so, warming up to around -4 or -5 in the day time.  So the entire of Wemindji is basically an ice field.  I am waiting for my turn to eat it one of these days!

Besides the weather, things have been as busy as ever.  We enjoyed 2.5 PED days last week to take part in some really awesome math and literacy games training from Boxcars and One EYed Jacks.  I learned a TON and can't wait to try some of it in the classroom ASAP!

I was pretty sick all last week too with a cold so it was nice to have the shortened teaching week to catch up on my sleep.  This week is another short week with a 4-day long weekend coming up!!! I am so excited to have 4 full days off with no school responsibilities (aka PED) to worry about.  4 FREE DAYS!  I hope to do some real cleaning and decluttering of my house, organize in the classroom a little and relaxing.  I am hosting Easter dinner this holiday and I will be cooking my first ever turkey!! I am terrified we will all get botulism but hey maybe that will give us a few extra days off! I hope the clinic will be on stand-by. 



Last week my friends and I also treated ourselves to some delicious Chinese takeout!! It was pricey ($20) but sooooooo worth it. 



Last night I also hosted Samantha's birthday dinner which was a ton of fun. She's a fan of rotisserie chicken so we all pitched and got her a rotisserie and a chicken!! Look at the joy. 






Happy Spring Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. We also have Neocitran on hand too. Tastes horrible but it works!

    ReplyDelete