Wednesday 5 November 2014

Wild Wedding Weekend!

Talk about a jet setting lifestyle! I have it! Well, last weekend was one for the records. As Maid of Honor in my wonderful friend Katherine's wedding, I went back to Southern Ontario to participate in the celebration of her and Mike's union. It was amazing. I had a blast, got to catch up with old friends and family and danced the night away! 

Here's a rundown of my trip:

I flew out of Wemindji on Wednesday afternoon after working most of the day at 2:45 heading for Montreal. My plane made the usual 4 stops in other communities before landing in Montreal. In Montreal I connected at 9:30 for Toronto, landing at around 10:30. Such a long day!!

The next morning I had a dress fitting and then I did a little shopping with an old friend, 
Clair. That night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner which was really great! The church was at Bloor and Islington, a beautiful old Catholic Church.  

Friday morning Clair, a fellow bridesmaid, Katherine and I had manicures and pedicures and then Clair and I went to help with some set up at the venue. Then I went for my final fitting and stopped at the post office to ship my purchases since I was flying and had little room in my suitcases, proofread Mummy's paper and headed out for dinner with the family. We went to a fantastic Indian restaurant in Downtown Oakville, Coriander on the Green.  I highly recommend it! After that I was pooped and headed to bed early to get my beauty rest for the wedding the next day (I managed to sleep in....classy).

So on Saturday after I RAN out of bed, I was over at the bride's mothers house at 7:30 for hair and makeup! She had arranged for  two lovely and very talented ladies to come to the house and do our hair and makeup there. It was a great morning, very relaxing and low key and we all looked gorgeous!  The photographers arrived and took lots of great pictures and we had a blast. The wedding was at 1 so the limo picked us up and we were off to the church! The ceremony was beautiful and it was such a gorgeous church, it couldn't have gone off better! I was nervous and worried I would mess up my MOH duties in the church but it mostly went off without a hitch. 

After the ceremony the bridal party went to Bradley House just off Southdown Road in Mississauga and spent a couple hours with the photographers. It was COLD and we were freezing but the pictures turned out well so personal comfort was a small sacrifice!

Then we headed off to the hall back in Oakville and partied the night away!!! I didn't get home until almost 2 but I had a fantastic time and it was great to see so many friends and celebrate with everyone. My speech went well, the microphone had a lot of feedback sadly but I only made a few mistakes hah! I was very nervous. 

Anyways then Sunday morning I was up at 7 and out of the house at 8 to catch my plane at 11! I flew to Montreal and my layover was allllll day so I got to my hotel room around 1, watched tv and had a nap, ate a last supper of delivery sushi and went to sleep at 8 because I had to be up Monday morning at 4Monday morning I took the shuttle to the airport to catch my flight at 7am back to Wemindji. I arrived in town at 1 and went right to work! What a day!!! So I am still sort of recovering from my trip and getting right back into work!!

Luckily we were blessed by the PED gods and gifted a 3 day week with 2 PED days and LOTS of time in the classroom which is a blessing because report cards are due next week and I have A LOT of marking to do. 

I am looking forward to this weekend because we have a long weekend up here on Monday so my girlfriends and I are driving down to Rouyn (the closest major town which is 9 hours away) to have a girls weekend!! But before that happens I have to start and finish report cards and plan for next week!! Life may be quiet up here but it definitely isn't slow!!

Some company on the plane. 

Came home to this familiar but unwelcomed sight. 

My view out of the plane window.

Katherine and Michael

Photo cred: www.robynrussel.com  AMAZING photographer, totally casual and easy going. Put us all at ease and took some beautiful shots. I highly recommend her!! 

Beautiful Bride and Mother of the Bride 

Bridesmaids Jadea Kelly and Clair! Check out Jadea's site, she is a beautiful singer/songwriter. 
http://www.darthjadea.com/jadeakelly.html

My bouquet! Sad to have to leave this at home :(

Managed to forget this in Oakville too WAHH 

INSPIRED midnight buffet!!! 

Mother of the Bride, Katherine and me! 

"Aidan, make a creepy face!" Done. 

Cheers! Married! Awesome limo. 

Three Musketeers 

The nails. First ever manicure!

The hair. 
 

 
The aftermath. 

My sweet angel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment