Sunday 14 February 2016

Very Regular Valentine's Day

Well, another Valentine's Day has passed with me proclaiming Bobo as the love of my life! Nothing wrong with that, right?????????????????????  I have also added a new addition to my list of loves this year, my nephew baby Robin! Ever popular me!

This past week was busy and COLD.  Temperatures dipped below -48 with the windchill, outdoor recess was officially cancelled and Bobo's poops became poopsicles immediately upon exit.  He was not a happy camper this week.

School was fun, we did some adorable public service posters on saving water, worked hard on our goals to learn all 179 sight words (to be up to grade level), I did my PM Benchmark testing for a whole day while a good friend Jill subbed for me, we had our Valentine's Day party Friday morning and swimming at the complex all afternoon with all 3 grade 2 classes!  Swimming was super fun and the kids enjoyed playing around the entire time! I also participated in Valentine's Day Secret Friend (similar to Secret Santa) which was very fun and I got some hilarious Lumberjack-themed goodies from my secret friend.  I was lucky to get someone I knew pretty well and was able to find some cute things for.  I am looking forward to participating in Secret Leprechaun, Secret Easter Bunny, Secret Goose and Secret Flip Flop (hey you have to make your own fun in the North!!!)

This weekend was also a Valentine's Day/50 Shades of Grey - themed party hosted by my teaching partner Rose.  No detail was spared and the theme was very well represented.  It was really well done and Rose's new house is gorgeous! She moved into one of the brand new teacher units that were just built before Christmas and I immediately got house envy.  However I have far too much stuff to move and I painted which means I am never leaving 2 Paint Hills. I can also see what will probably be my classroom window from my kitchen sink which means I will literally be rolling out of bed into work next year. Plus I have trees and I really like trees.

Now that we are in the full swing of winter and I still hate going outdoors, I have found a new way of getting a little exercise while staying warm and having fun (all of these things are unnaturally occurring phenomenon in my life, so much so that it feels strange to even type the words together).  Aquafit! A few lady friends and I have gone 3 times last week and it is so much fun!  I hate exercise probably more than anything in the world and this, while certainly is a workout, doesn't feel as bad as normal moving does and I'm hooked! I need to get myself a more appropriate swimsuit though as I have had more than a few slips and close calls.  Thank goodness I am good company.  Anyways, I am looking forward to continuing this new endeavor as long as I try to forget the fact that the pool is used regularly by children and out of 53 children in 3 hours, only 2 asked to use the bathroom on Friday afternoon....

Have a great week!











No comments:

Post a Comment