Monday 18 May 2015

Gone Goosebreak

Like the title suggests, Goosebreak came in like a crazy wife, played with my mind and emotions and disappeared without a trace. 

That being said, this Goosebreak was pretty nice. As planned, I caught up and enjoyed some great meals and time with family and friends, got some much needed rest and even managed to squeeze a little shopping in there! I spent some quality time with my Mama (rendering me homesick the minute I pulled out of the driveway for my trip back on Saturday) and visited with my sick Nana and since I don't get to see her often, it was really nice to share some time with her and I hope she recovers soon. I also spent MUCH quality time with the love of my life Bobo. 

 Mmmm movie theatre popcorn. 

Sweet love. 

That face. 




A summary of my break. 



As my sisters and I get older and "mature" it's nice to see that we are growing closer together as the years progress. Before, not having a lot in common at the time or simply being testy females, we weren't particularly close growing up. Close as in "paint each other's toe nails, stay up late at night telling secrets, braid each other's hair" kind of close. Sure we shared the same experiences and went through a lot together but it really hasn't been until recently that we could all connect on a deeper, more meaningful level. Growing up has a lot to do with it but so do huge life changes for all of us. I won't divulge their life changes but for me, it was probably moving to Wemindji. Being so far away - even with the marvels of modern technology to help us keep in virtual touch - constantly helps me realize and acknowledge what is important when all the distractions of daily life are peeled away. Coming home to Oakville and spending time together is such a treat and something I really look forward to. No bells or whistles necessary, just hanging out or grabbing a sandwich. It's all more special when it's something you haven't done for months and know you won't be doing again for months to come. So personally I have to credit Wemindji for strengthening my bonds with my family. My mom, sisters and I had a really nice girl's night (which included pizza, clay masks, pedicures and a scary movie) before a fantastic Mother's Day dinner that Sunday.


 

So beauty. 

I'm not upset I just couldn't move my face much. 



Costco date!

Mother's Day dinner!



Planting for Mother's Day. 

Besides seeing a lot of family I managed to squeeze in time for my first life changing shellac manicure. I sat through about an hour of psychological and verbal abuse at the hands of my manicurist but emerged a changed woman. I have a slight obsession with nails and now a huge obsession with shellac manicures. However I live in a town with NO beauty amenities so I am going to, of course, have to procure my own UV manicure setup so I can appease the nail polish beast that lives within. 

Obsessed. Do these look like the "worst cuticles ever" to you?!?! Frig. 

So after a well deserved 2 weeks off, Monika and her sister Raquel and I took off on Saturday morning to come back to Wemindji. It was a gorgeous drive with hardly any traffic which was puzzling especially since it was a long weekend and we were driving straight through cottage country. Anyways we made great time both days and I made it home without incident AGAIN!! Perhaps the driving gods are beginning to see they have taxed me too hard and too often and now it is time for a break. (Side note: I did run over a nail on my way down it turns out and punctured one of my winters but it was easily reparable thankfully.)

Anyways we arrived yesterday in Wemindji to what felt like an artic hurricane. Winds were wild and it was (and still is) COLD. In fact I saw some flakes just now blowing around outside and I went to my happy place (aka the liquor cabinet). I didn't go crazy like I usually do with shopping since there is only about 4 teaching weeks left and didn't need much for the classroom or home so unpacking didn't take long. Today I built my new treadmill, prepped my meals for the week, did laundry, cleaned my house a little, got groceries and dropped off stuff at the school! Now I sit and relax and will watch some shows as I nurse my hand which I just stabbed with scissors and may require stitches who knows. 



Yum

Found this at the dump. 

Call 911

Anyways so as one countdown ended, another shall begin - this time for summer break! Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment