Sunday 12 April 2015

Night of Nostalgia

What a weekend!! Last night was my friends Sam and Meghan's joint birthday party which took place at my home. It was 90s themed costume party which was SO MUCH FUN!!!! I, as well as everyone else had the best night ever. The decor was amazing, the costumes very well done and the music INCREDIBLE. We danced until the wee hours of the night and had so many laughs. 










Last week at school was pretty awesome too. My kids seem to be going through a burst in skill development and are working really hard and producing some great work! We are diving into writing always working hard on reading and they are superstars in math. We have a lot of fun activities planned for the next few weeks leading up to Goosebreak and it's really nice to be able to motivate the kids to give it their best with engaging learning experiences. It's also really nice to be at the point with my kids that they now have enough confidence to work more independently and try new things. Just talking to my students in regular conversation is becoming a really neat experience because the topics and details are becoming more mature and introspective as the kids are learning ways to express their thoughts and ideas with clarity and reference a lot of learning and details I know they have picked up on in lessons and activities.  I'm feeling inspired as an educator and really excited for the leaps these kids are making in their learning!!

This past week Wemindji has also begun to thaw!! Temperatures were in the posititives last week and this weekend was absolutely gorgeous. The snow has REALLY started to melt which means a) the roads are atrocious and b) my basement is flooded. After being covered in at least a foot of permafrost for the better part of a year, the mush in some places is incredible. Today while going to the Inn for dinner, I got my van stuck not once but twice in the feet of slush and had to be pushed out by Meredith and her handy boyfriend Carson. 


It may be "warm" but this is still what my lawn looks like. 

Anyways, it's the start of one of 3 rare 5 day weeks tomorrow and I must get my beauty sleep. It's as if the kids can smell the "I didn't get enough sleep Sunday night" scent and push alllllllll the buttons so ta ta for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment