Sunday 22 February 2015

Oh My Oscars!

Well it's been a while and that is really only because I am lazy. But really, school has been trucking along and we are as busy as ever, writing, reading, graphing and having tons of fun!

Valentine's Day was a blast and we had a ton of love-themed activities on the go. The kids seriously enjoyed the day (even more than Christmas!) and it was so sweet watching them hand out their valentines cards to each other. No one was left out and you could definitely feel the love!

This past week our position intentions were due and I requested a second year of grade 1. As exhausted as I am, I have never had more fun teaching in Grade 1 and I am really hoping I get my first choice! I have worked very hard to build an incredible repertoire of fun activities, lessons and centers and I would love to take another year to perfect it all. 

My van is still in the shop sadly. I am hoping it will be ready by tomorrow and then I will be laughing!! It has been a tricky couple of weeks but Marsha has been more than generous in lending me her vehicle while she was off work. Now, living in a very small and condensed town of just over 1200, getting from point A to point B isn't technically that difficult. However, when you have entered the coldest part of the year (mid January to March) not having a vehicle and living the distance I do from school, things get chilly. The average morning temperatures hover around -36 to -40, warming up a little over the day. I'm eternally grateful to Marsha and her incredible generosity and I hope one day to be able to return the favor!!

Right now I am enjoying the pre-Oscar award red carpet festivities! I look forward to the Oscars all year and have managed to watch all of the best picture nominated  films and I was impressed! The Theory of Everything was incredible and I loved Eddie Redmayne as Stephen Hawking. Soooo well done! I am really enjoying the Oscar fashions so far but none of the big stars have arrived yet so I am still waiting for some gorgeous looks. I've made my picks and can't wait for the awards! It'll be a late night as usual but I'll manage. 

Anyways back to the van. My sweet dear mother ordered and express posted the part (a new return hose for the power steering get up) and when it arrived I swear I had a new lease on life. I've never felt so happy to have a means to an end in my hands!! So I pranced to the garage, joyfully handed over my keys and am eagerly awaiting the call tomorrow telling me I can come pick up my van!  

Well I am getting distracted so I'm signing off. Happy Oscars!

The snow build up outside my classroom window. It's about 8 feet high!


No heels at this Wemindji party!


I tried to make heart bacon for Valentine's Dinner lol



#teacherlife

Vowel Bats!!

LOL


1 comment:

  1. I can't live without my car either! I know it's horrible that I'm dependent on it, but I think J and I've only walked about 5 times to school in all of 2015!

    ReplyDelete