Monday 26 January 2015

30 Thoughts Every Teacher Has While Sick

The night before taking a sick day:

1. Oh this isn't so bad. Cold schmold. 

2. I can make it tomorrow, no problem. I've been doing it for weeks now. What's another week with this stinkin cold?

3. You've got plenty of cold meds, just take a million and pull your socks up! 

4. Cough, sneeze, groan. 

5. Should I take a sick day? No, I can't. I won't. Haven't taken one in forever. No need to start now!

6. Maybe I should... NO! Think of the children! 

7. Take a sick day! Bite the bullet. There is no sense in going to work sick and getting worse! You've got your substitute plans ready to go. It'll be fine. 

8. One day won't stop the earth from spinning....

9. NO! I won't. Early to bed and pump yourself full of medicine. 

...The next morning....

10. Ughhhhhh

11. Ooohhhhhhh

12. Get up. Get out of bed, you can do it! 

13. There's one leg on the floor, now the other. 

14. Watch out for all that Kleenex on the floor! Don't trip!

15. One foot infront of the other, get yourself down to the bathroom. 

16. Okay start the shower. That will help. Mmm warm shower. Zzzzzzzzz. WAKE UP. 

17. Lights on - NO WAIT - scratch that, lights off. Best not to see what I look like right now. 

18. Oh my head. Who put a fishbowl on my head? 

19.  Oh my nose. Did someone poor quick dry cement in my sinuses?

20. My mouth tastes like gasoline. Gasoline, hmm. Gasoline goes in cars. I have to go outside soon and start my car... Ohhhh...

21. Maybe it's not too late to call in sick. 

22. People have climbed Mount Everest with toes and noses fallen off, I can handle a day with 16 7 year olds! 

23. No, I can't. 

24. It's too late. 

25. It's not too late. Do it. Make. The. Call. 

26. It's so much work to be away! 

27. Okay. I'll do it. 

28. It's done. Back to bed. Turn off brain!

29. What's going on in my classroom right now....

30. Maybe I should have just gone in...

Some pictures that accurately describe how I feel at the moment 








No comments:

Post a Comment