Saturday 13 December 2014

The Countdown is On!

One week until my Christmas vacation begins!! It couldn't come at a better time and I certainly feel like I have earned a couple of weeks off to relax at home in Oakville. I'll be leaving bright and early Saturday morning with my friend Samantha and her dog Ellie. Our last working day is Friday but by the time school is over the sun is setting and given my past experiences with driving in the dark and the winter, I thought it be best I leave the next day. So we leave Saturday so I can have the daylight on my side and better chances of seeing things like: a) giant potholes or b) space metal. Another upside to leaving on Saturday is I get to take my time cleaning up my classroom on Friday and getting things ready for my return, packing up my stuff and "closing" my house. It's always a mad dash to leave right after school and while I'd like the extra day at home, leaving calmly and safely is my main objective. 

This past week at school has been predictably nuts with Christmas concert practice, starting and finishing units and overall holiday craziness! This upcoming week will be even crazier as we have the Christmas concert midweek, classroom holiday parities and general holiday stuff as well as dealing with the palpable frenetic Christmas energy that is sweeping the halls! 

We have been busy this week in our Cycle with our Elves, wrapping up addition and our language arts Gingerbread Unit! We have lots of fun planned for this upcoming week but it will definitely be busy and crazy! 

This week was also our staff Christmas party! It was really well done this year and the staff who planned it went all out! The food was amazing and I had a really nice time with friends and colleagues!

Last night I hosted a ladies-only wine and cheese night! Fridays, in my opinion, are the worst times to have social events. People are tired from the long week and usually just want to relax (well that's me anyways). However I think that we all needed a night to sit down together, relax and just decompress! It was awesome to have most of the ladies from school out and have some good cheese, good wine and good laughs! 

I'm really looking forward to having a couple of friends over next week, getting through the Christmas concert (which I think it going to be super cute) and then taking off!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment