Thursday 16 October 2014

Too Tired to Think of a Title (oo but that kinda works)

If I woke up one morning not feeling tired, I would think that I had died in my sweet slumber and had been transported through the pearly gates to heaven.  Being exhausted is something I have grown accustomed to.  It is something I accept, don't fight and don't question.  I know why I am tired.  I understand that I am treating my body in the worst way and I know it is all in the name of fun and exciting ways of teaching and learning.  So I guess it's a fair trade! (??)

Anyways, like every week, nothing and everything happened!  Last week my mom and my sister Eryl came to visit me for 5 whole days!  It was SO nice to see them and have the opportunity to show Eryl around Wemindji and also show my mom some spots around town that were too wintery to explore (for my liking anyways) while she was here last year.  We had a really nice time and I love playing host so it was fun.  Eryl, a certified Yoga instructor, came into my and a few other teacher's classrooms to teach the kids yoga which was AWESOME.  My kids loved it and really put some effort into the poses!! It was so cute and I am glad she was able to come in and meet my kids too.  It was a crazy rainy day and the kids were amped but we managed to have a lot of fun regardless.  My mom was able to come into the classroom as well which was really nice and I was proud to show it off.  The kids were in awe of my sister and still ask me when she is coming back.  They also wanted to know if I would be pretty if I had yellow hair too but that's a story for another day. 

Anyways, we had the obligatory trip to Radisson where I showed off Chez Mika and its fine cuisine and we dropped some serious cash at the craft store.  The drive was all kinds of weather freaky - rain, snow, sunshine, overcast.  It was hard to keep up.  The drive was nice, Eryl managed to meditate in the backseat while Mummy and I chatted in the front.  I also killed two animals with my vehicle which harshed my buzz.

Thanksgiving dinner was great! My mom brought up one huge turkey and we had Meghan and her lovely visiting parents Donna and Doug (shoutouts!), Monika and Samantha over for an evening of interesting conversation and good company.  The food was DELISH and I have been chipping away at leftovers for days.  Mummy also helped me put the finishing touches on my home by hanging curtains and pictures (okay did it all for me while I handed her the tools)!  My house is complete!  I am sooooo happy with the way the living room has turned out and I couldn't have finished it all without her.  Oh and I forgot to mention Bobo also joined them in their trip North and I have to say I miss him like the deserts miss the rain.  He is so adorable and handsome.  Enough about him.

Anyways since my family left we in Grade 1 dove straight into PUMPKIN WEEK.  My mom had the job of procuring all three of us 3 different sized pumpkins for our unit and so far it is turning out great!  The kids LOVE the hands on learning and got really into counting the seeds, carving up the pumpkin and exploring all things pumpkin!  Somehow all conversations lead back to pumpkin pie so I managed to score some pies from IGA this week and we will be trying them out as a wrap up to our unit!! Normally I would be puking in the corner because I hate all things pumpkin but I think I can hold my cookies for the sake of the children. 

Yesterday we had a very official visit from the Quebec Minister of Education and the Minister of Aboriginal Affairs.  They came to announce that we would be receiving a new elementary school in the near future!  This was a very nice announcement and we are all very excited.  I hope work begins soon so I will see the school in my lifetime up here!!

Well I am hoping this weekend will be nothing but relaxing and quiet as I think I have earned a sleep in and some couch time.  Of course I will spend probably an entire day in the classroom planning something or other but that is the life of a teacher right!!

Halloween 2014 door!

So spooky!

The dignitaries and staff.


KM70 my fave.

Mummy giving some love to Wemindji's Penis Tree!

Sweet little Thanksgiving angel.

Eryl doing her thang on top of a mountain.

Gorgeous day with gorgeous ladies.

Oh, there she goes again!

Fam Jam

Panoooooo

The favorite daughter shot

Yoga!

So zen!

THIS LITTLE GUY IS BACK AGAIN.  He was so brazen, actually stared me in the eye and LICKED the window like the crazed psychopath that he is.  http://wheninwemindji.blogspot.ca/2014/04/he-is-back.html

No comments:

Post a Comment