Saturday 6 September 2014

Week 3

Well folks I am happy to report that I made it through week 3 of my wild and crazy foray into Grade 1!  I feel the need to count each week that I survive because it is a true miracle granted by the sweet baby Jesus that I make it through 5 days in the classroom.  Actually, now that I mention it, it was only 4 days this week, but BOY sometimes 4 days can feel a whole lot like 56 AM I RIGHT???!!!! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. 

Anyways, this week was pretty good.  My kids are getting used to routine, I am gaining more control over these cute-as-a-button little scallywags and we had lots of fun with patterns and learning our letter sounds and names this week!

Other than waking each morning wishing I'd had about 14 more hours of sleep, not much has been going on.  September is peppered with days off (mostly PED days) so there are a few 4 days weeks I have to look forward to! My grade partners Monika and Meghan and I are working like a well oiled machine, planning fun activities and lessons together, sharing ideas, materials and resources and overall having a good time. 

I have been fighting a chest cold the past week or so, a result of having had my mouth directly sneezed into on more than one occasion so the mornings are a little rough.  I slept like a baby last night, only getting up to pee and check on my clan (iPhone game, don't ask). I wasn't going to do anything tonight, just sit in front of the TV and catch up on some TV shows and maybe a movie but my bachelorette-watching lady friends twisted my arm and I'll be heading over in a few to catch up on Bachelor in Paradise!  Probably the most brain-rotting television show I can bear to watch but it is highly entertaining and ultimately makes me feel better about myself. 

I spent today tidying, organzing, doing laundry, going for a hike in the gorgeous sunny 8 degree weather and baking.  I baked 13 loaves of zucchini and banana bread and 2 carrot cakes so I was fairly busy.  Also keeping me busy is looking for perhaps a box that contains ALL MY PANTS and a couple of skirts.  I have somehow misplaced every single pair of wearable jeans which means I had to do some quick online shopping at my favorite store, Old Navy (oh well!) So Mama, if you see my pants at home please let me know.

Anyways, I have some lamination to cut before heading out for Bachelor in Paradise so catcha on the flipside!

Learning about impulse control in Grade 1...

On my walk today.  Gorgeous.

A little selfie fun from last week

1 comment:

  1. Love the poster!

    That's a lot of baking (I suck at baking).

    Please take more pictures of your classroom :)

    ReplyDelete