Sunday 22 June 2014

Super Sunday!

It is a gorgeous Sunday morning here in Wemindji and what am I doing? Binge watching Game of Thrones Season 4.  I regret nothing. 

I did my time outside yesterday, basking in the glorious yet deceiving sunshine of the north. There was a nice cool breeze for most of the time I was outside which kept the bugs away for a short while. I was also heavily doused in radioactive bug spray which helped. Anyways so Carmen, Shelby and I baked in the sunshine and I got a little crispy but also banked some much needed vitamin D. 

Yet another busy week came to a close and on Friday the usual bag of mixed nuts and I attended the Grade 6 graduation. It was great to see so many successful graduates and their proud families. These kids work incredibly hard under unique circumstances so to be able to celebrate them was a real honor! Dinner was also Indian Tacos and boudin for dessert which was the true treat!! Hehehe. 

Carmen, as you might know, is not returning to Wemindji next year as she has landed a much coveted spot on her district's supply list! Her departure is bittersweet, she's going to work closer to home and start her career down south which is awesome, but she is also leaving us which is going to be very hard to get used to! I hope she can manage a visit sometime!  So since Carmen is leaving, her house was packed up and she was left with a plate, fork and knife. So this has given us a very convenient excuse to have delicious "Carmen's last Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday etc. in Wemindji" celebratory dinners! Like we need an excuse to hang out but it sure makes it extra special. 

Report cards (with a little trouble) are in the bag as of last week and my kids showed great improvement and I am so proud of the amazing work they did this year! I am so lucky to have been given an amazing class who was so sweet, kind, honest and hard working. I was able try many different things with them and they always responded with excitement and wonder. I am really going to miss teaching this class and it was a definitely a challenging decision to make the change to grade 1 next year instead of move up with my class to grade 3. 

This week is going to be absolutely crazy. With all the social engagements, last day of school, awards day, packing up my classroom and home, and a random holiday in the middle of the week, I predict many late nights and early mornings before the drive home Friday afternoon!  Upon my arrival home I hope to acquire a blow up pool and fill it with water and bask in the cool all summer long. However my mom says my pool will ruin the grass so if you have any suggestions that will make my dream a reality I am all ears! 

Catcha on the flipside!

Bingo night! Unsuccessful but still fun. 


My plan this summer. 
I don't mess around with Indian Tacos!! 

2 comments:

  1. Are the numbers read out in English for Bingo?

    ReplyDelete