Sunday 14 July 2013

Sweet Summer

I feel this post will be a little short as I haven't done much over the past week.  That is completely okay with me by the way!  My goal this summer was to DO NOTHING.  Besides the odd day trip or hang out with friends here and there, I really wanted to relax, catch up on my reading, TV shows and most important of all - SLEEP.  Slowly, this has been successful!  I started watching Vikings, amazing!  I am finishing the Hunger Games Trilogy and I am averaging about 8-10 hours of sleep a night.  Life is good! 

I am seeing family, friends and a lot of the open road for some reason.  I have done more travelling since I got home than I have in a whole year in Wemindji, and that is saying a lot. 

After taking in the '97 Tercel for more intense repairs, I am SERIOUSLY in the market for a newer car.  While I maintain that this car has been a life saver on more than one occasion, made it possible for me to complete teacher's college with my sanity 90% intact and travel to a foreign land to begin my career, it was not meant for such adventure.  I received this car from my generous Grandfather with 74km on it, a well taken care of vehicle with no major issues.  The odometer now stands with a staggering 124km, I can't believe I put 50km on it in 2 years! That's a lot of sitting.  And a lot of gas oy vey!  So stay tuned this week, we may be seeing me rolling around in something a little better suited for my northern needs.  Fingers crossed!

On another note, I spent an amazing few days at a friend Shelby's cottage with the Wemindji girls Brandi, Carmen and Monika.  Knowing that we will be saturated with the company of each other for a year in just a few short weeks doesn't seem to deter the need to hang out still!! Shelby's cottage was beautiful and rustic and I managed to get severely burned which is all my fault of course.  We went water sporting (I and Monika sat on the front of the boat and lounged while others risked their lives for the rush of adrenaline).  We were there during the big storm that hit Toronto and only really got some intense rain but it kept cutting out The Bachelorette so I feel your pain Torontonians :P

Otherwise I have been putting off reorganizing my lesson plan binders and planning the first few weeks (especially since I left my GVC binders at school so I can't remember what I am supposed to have ready for the first week of school, awesome - late nights are coming my way in August!) doing some light shopping here and there for supplies for the next 5 months and researching vans to possibly buy this summer!

4 more weeks and I am home (Wemindji) and a new adventure begins all over again!  But I'll stop counting down now :P


Katherine and I - in a nutshell <3

Bridesmaids shot!

My future dog.

Little snapping friend!






Brandi risking her life.

Model Monika - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON MONDAY MONIKA!!!!

Catching some rays through deceiving storm clouds...

Carmen risking her life.

Me pretending to drive the boat.




No comments:

Post a Comment