Wednesday 12 June 2013

MY HOUSE HAS BEEN BROKEN INTO

Now that I have your attention, yes its true.  My house has been broken into. Allow me to explain.

I walk into my house at approximately 9pm.  I immediately notice little brown clusters on the floor.  Walking further into my house I see the lid to my Tupperware cereal container also lying on the floor.  I walk a little further, taking each step cautiously, my breath - bated.  I see more little brown clusters, I realize these clusters to be poop.  I pick up my phone and immediately text my friends, alerting them to the emergency and explaining that there must be an animal in my house and I am freaking out. I investigate my house,  checking all the screens and windows for signs of a furry intruder.  I find none.  I come back to the kitchen to find that chachkies have been knocked off my stove.  I hesitantly look up into the vent fan, hoping there is no bat waiting for me there.  There is not.  I peek behind my shower curtain - bat? bear? Neither. I pause by the now spoiled cereal container.  The lid is very hard to pry off without the use of thumbs or upper body strength, so my imagination runs wild.  Neighborhood child? Racoon? Northern Werewolf my kids swear exists?  I then see a tidy tear in my kitchen window screen.  SQUIRREL.

I am praying to every single god that this squirrel came, ate my cereal, took 6 poops and left.  I hope that he will not surprise me a) during my midnight bathroom trip, b) when I hop into bed, c) while I am writing this.  After a particularly stressful day at work, I am IN NO MOOD TO DEAL WITH A CEREAL STEALING RODENT. I will kill it.  I have an electric fly swatter with newly charged batteries. 





1 comment:

  1. Err, you're lucky it's not the bad guys out there that broke into your house! I mean not to scare you, and don't get me wrong, but I think that if your house is kind of vulnerable into breaking in by these small innocent creatures then someone bigger and with bad intentions could possibly break in too! I hope nothing like that happen though, keep safe! Rachelle @ ULSSecurity.com

    ReplyDelete