Tuesday 25 June 2013

Leaving Tomorrow!

I am leaving tomorrow! This year has gone by so fast and D-Day is finally here!

After what I would politely call an incredibly stressful day at work, I am finally ready to go home! My classroom is packed, report cards are printed, my house is clean and laundry is done.  The fridge is empty of perishables, snacks for the drive are ready, I found my car iPhone charger (thanks to a higher power who woke me up at 5am revealing its hiding place).

Last week was busy and fun.  The last day of school with the kids was exciting and I had a small class which was a little sad but we had a lot of fun "not learning" - my students.  Freezies, cupcakes and a movie with popcorn was on the agenda and I even managed to pass out a few of my "Goodbye" gifts.  Tomorrow I hope to see some students who will pick up their report cards so I can say goodbye properly. 

I was proud to distribute the awards to my deserving students at the awards ceremony and the swimming party was an awesome success! All but one of my students came and they swam for over an hour in the amazing pool Wemindji has, and then we all had hotdogs in the parking lot after.  It was a beautiful day!

On Saturday night there was a end-of-year fire (just for teachers) at the school's bush camp which was really neat to finally see.  Lots of teachers came and it was great! I did roast to death inside the teepee which was a little uncomfortable but you'd be surprised how well ice packs work as personal cooling systems! The black flies were out in full force and for some reason they bite me but nothing happens which I am grateful for.  I just bleed - its disgusting, but Carmen and Monika blow up like they have the plague so ha to them!

Anyways, tomorrow we leave at the bell - 11:40am and will drive straight through to Amos (good ol' Amosphere Hotel!) and then Thursday home to Oakville!

I will have a few days of rest, see some family, see Eryl my sister's new apartment and then I am off on a road trip to see all the Boston has to offer with my mother! Boston, Salem and Cape Cod for Independence Day should be really fun!

Anyways, I have a few last-minute things to get ready (Brie and Fig rolls ahem Carmen and Monika) and pack the car up! Wish me luck on the first leg of my journey home tomorrow!



The sign reads: "$1 to jump" - future Donald Trump over here.

I HATE THIS COPIER.

10:09pm!

Packed classroom! I will be moving to a smaller, but real classroom next fall! With windows!!!!!!



Bush Camp! Where the magic happens.








"Super Moon" - sure..

Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment