Sunday 11 September 2016

The Curse of the Broken Butt

It felt like only yesterday that I was sitting here in my Wemindji home, so crippled from a broken butt I could hardly walk.  In fact, it was just two and a half years ago that was my life, and here I am again folks.  Saddled up (or down) with a broken butt AGAIN.

Allow me to recap for those of you who don't know me well enough to have heard the story a hundred times.

One day two years ago I woke up and my left butt cheek REALLY hurt. Like, sharp shooting pain from the middle of my butt straight down the back of my leg to my knee area.  I couldn't put any weight on it, I hobbled around for a couple of weeks until I finally went to the clinic with help from Monika (who literally had to be my walker since I could no longer take steps unaided) and was treated immediately by the nursing staff there.  Over the next couple of weeks I was diagnosed with this or that (at one point sciatica) none of which were accurate, until I was finally able to see the physiotherapist who saved my life.  I was near death in my opinion, in complete agony and unable to get around easily (especially in the pits of winter). She diagnosed me with a damaged sacral joint (a joint in your butt, not to be confused with your back or tailbone) and immediately started me on physiotherapy three times a week, a steady flow of meds and all the care and love I so desperately needed from a mother figure at the time.  LOL.


After a strict routine of stretching, icing and medication, I healed, the whole experience lasting about 2 months.  I used a cane and crutches to help me through the darkest days and I NEVER want to feel that pain again. I should invest in one of these now that I think about it.



That is why when, 3 weeks ago I hurt my back lifting a box and felt the old familiar twinge in the butt, I knew what was up.  I immediately began my stretches, icing and dosing myself up.  However it wasn't getting any better and I was beginning to feel very crippled.  So I took myself to the clinic already self-diagnosed and was helped by a very friendly and knowledgeable nurse.  Already having my history with my butt in the file, he decided to dose me up and send me on my way.  They weren't the same meds as I had before so to be honest, at first nothing was helping.  I went back a week later and was given a fine cocktail of pharmaceuticals which have actually been helping and I truly feel like this time it might not take 2 months to heal!! I am going to the pool to take some of the pressure off my lower back and also because its so relaxing to just float, especially after my hard days at work as of late.

Anyways, other than being crippled once again, things are trucking along as usual.  Busy days at work and lots of deadlines to meet but I am trying to take more time for me and my sweet little pupper Bobo, and of course friends.  I hosted my annual Ladies Whine and Cheese night last weekend which was really awesome!  It was great to get together with a lot of new faces and get to know each other, catch up with old friends and just relax! Lots of laughs were had, some delicious cheese and wine consumed and I was in bed around midnight!  A perfect evening in my opinion hehe.


Happy family in their new apartment!

Anyways, a new week starting tomorrow an boy I can't wait for all the adventures it is sure to have in store for me!

3 comments:

  1. Ick! I`m sorry to hear about your (butt) pain. I`m glad you were able to get some help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invest in Ripple on eToro the World's Top Social Trading Network!

    Join millions who have already discovered easier strategies for investing in Ripple...

    Learn from profitable eToro traders or copy their positions automatically!

    ReplyDelete