Sunday 3 August 2014

My Strange Connection with Rodents.

Well, here I sit waiting patiently for a little chipmunk friend to come out of hiding, follow the trail of peanuts to the open basement window and exit without the use of poisonous gas or banging pots (Mummy's idea). 

This morning the backdoor was left open and in waltzed a little chipmunk. So cute. Bobo alerted us to his presence and the little creature immediately took off running downstairs. Conveniently, the floors are being redone upstairs and the contents of 3 bedrooms are currently strewn across the basement, making it near impossible to catch this little fella. After an hour of watching him prance around my bedroom, my mother screaming every time he made an appearance,  and I, net (lacy curtain) in hand, made no progress. So now I am sitting in the basement, watching for this little guy to come and follow a trail of peanuts (Hansel and Gretel-style) to the window, praying he will make an exit soon because if there is one thing I hate, it is knowing that a chipmunk will be river dancing across my forehead tonight as he tries to make his escape through my bedroom window!!!

Dramatics aside, I shall update you on the past few week's events. Monika, Marsha, Carmen and I traveled to Florida for a week of relaxation and overall fun. We didn't really have a plan but managed to fit in shopping, hanging out at the beach, poolside relaxing, pampering and great meals. If you don't know this already I will inform you that Florida is probably one of the hottest places on the entire planet. Not only was it hot, it was humid!!! I didn't even bother to bring my blow dryer and straightener knowing there was seriously no point. I embraced my Afro and rocked the bun pretty much all day. It was rainy on and off but we definitely had more sunshine than rain and we made the most of it! 

We spent a day in Naples which was gorgeous and after an intense thunderstorm, we managed to get a lovely spot on the beach complete with rented beach chairs and a sweet umbrella I picked up for a bargain! We enjoyed a delish meal at the famous Cheesecake Factory and then a night out on the town on 5th Avenue where the only bar we could find to escape a gentleman following us around showing off his fancy bra was filled with pumped up cougars and terrible drinks!!! The adventure made for some laughs and we ended up having a good time. I have come to realize that it doesn't really matter where you are or what you are doing so long as you are with great company, and I was!! 

Since I have come back to Ontario I have been very busy with helping Mummy clean out her house of unwanted junk and lots of old furniture. I have also helped my Auntie Traci move houses (across the street from Granddad's old house luckily) and generally keeping busy with shopping and socializing and keeping busy getting ready to go back home to Wemindji. 

I will be traveling alone this trip as Carmen is no longer working at MES and our convoy is down to just me now! My Auntie Melanie generously bought me The Spot (a satellite tracking device with build in rescue beacon should I need emergency help in the 600km of no cell service traveling zone) as an early birthday present so at least I won't be traveling all alone!!

Anyways I am still here waiting for my little crafty friend to make an appearance and vamoosh but no luck. I'll keep you posted. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment