Saturday 5 July 2014

Summer break update

Well guys let me catch you up on what I have been doing one week into my sacred summer vacation. 

Nothing. 

Sweet, unadulterated nothing. It feels great! I have finally caught up on my sleep, spent some quality time with Bobo, caught up with some friends and family, started to catch up on some shows, relaxed in my glorious backyard (complete with blow up pool) and helped out with some preparations for tomorrow's bridal shower for my best friend Katherine. 

The weather has been by most people's standards, gorgeous. I, as you may know, am an expert in finding the negative in everything so the humidity is really killing me at the moment. The great thing about Wemindji is the lack of humidity in the "summer months".  Sure you have swarms of bloodthirsty bugs shadowing your every step but nothing beats a beautiful sunshiny day with smooth hair and no sweats. If there is one thing I hate it is to sweat. I am currently sitting on a deck chair only moving 2 thumbs to type this and am dripping. Luckily I have a handy blow up pool to cool me off at my convenience! Oh life is good!

I've decided to leave my shopping for up north until the end of my break. It is actually one of my favorite things to do but I know I've got to pace myself both financially and mentally. I've got 5 more weeks to go and plenty of time to empty out Dollarama. Anyways this afternoon I am joining the mother of the bride in setting up and doing some last minute preparations for Katherine's bridal shower tomorrow and I am super excited! 

Sorry this was so boring. I promise ill try to go skydiving or something this week. 

I think I hit one of these on the drive down. 

I hate bugs!

Cutest ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment