Monday 19 August 2013

Eve of a New School Year

Well, after what feels like one hundred hours of unpacking, setting up, decorating and planning, my classroom is finally (almost) ready to welcome my new batch of grade 2 students this year! 

I am so excited for my new class as I have heard so many wonderful things about them.  I met a few today at registration however I know them from seeing them in the hallways and visiting their grade 1 classes last year.  Their cubbies are labelled, their homework folders ready, posters on the walls, books on shelves in the library and first-day ice breakers and "get to know you" activities ready to go! 

I feel so lucky to be starting my second year of teaching in such an amazing school.  Of course its not perfect, but its pretty close!  We have a fantastic staff this year and you see nothing but smiles in the hallway as we all prepare for the upcoming year.  I could not imagine a better work environment to become the best teacher I can be.  I have tons of valuable resources at my fingertips and help and insight and tips from wise and knowledgeable teachers.  Even though I have only been teaching for one year, I feel that year gave me so much that I can share with others, so I am excited to be that source of information for someone else too, it is a nice feeling!

After working for 6 days straight for at least 9 hours a day, I left work before 6pm tonight!!  I had a tasty dinner with Monika and Carmen joined us afterwards.  We made homemade play-doh for our classes and decompressed and mentally prepared for the days ahead!  Carmen is heading to high school to teach this year and Monika is teaching grade 1, both are amazing teachers and I know will definitely impact their student's lives.

Wish me luck as I embark on my second year of teaching second grade!

Day 1 - Ugh

Day 2 - ...Ugh

Day 3

Day 4

Special appearance by Monika




Day 5






Thanks Carmen!

My "Welcome" door!









No comments:

Post a Comment