Tuesday 28 May 2013

Sunny Weekend

I forgot to mention that the weather, when not snowing, has been beautiful up here lately.  By beautiful I mean that the sun is shining and of course, no snow is falling at that current time.  I take these rare opportunities to get outside, sit on some generous friend's back deck and soak in the rays (with SPF 50 of course).  My goal since Goose Break was to even out the weird arrangemet of color I get yearly from wearing tank tops.  I call it the "bib", where only the chest and arms get color and the rest stays white for the whole year.  So, I brave the temperatures for the sake of some even sun and hopefully I will be bibless by the wedding this weekend (strapless dress, not a pretty look with uneven skin colors all over this place).

This week the school has begun their annual Cree School Board testing.  Yesterday was an interesting experience and Monday morning is no time to try and conduct a standardized test but there you go.  Hopefully today will be mildly more successful, I have bribed them with bubblegum for good behavior so we'll see how that goes.  Otherwise the countdown is on, I will be flying out Thursday afternoon to Toronto and having a ball reconnecting with old friends, eating wedding cake and most likely making a fool out of myself.

I scrounged up a few more pictures for friends and family back home to see of my new place!  Enjoy.

The spare bedroom sans mattress.

My bedroom! Matching bedroom furniture for the first time in my life ha!


 Laundry/Utility room - every mother's dream.
 Yes, that would be floor to ceiling SHELVING
 Oh Lawd, this room could easily be a third bedroom for its size, imagine how quickly I am going to fill it up with my junk.
 Hallway with cupboards on the right wall/
 Kitchen/Dining area.
 Front door with "mudroom" type thing behind that door.  TONS of room for all my unnecessary and impractical shoes.
 My backyard
 My backyard!!!!!
 ...the treehouse... deathtrap
 The temperature on Sunday - perfect for sunbathing, a balmy 9 degrees :|
 Getting crispy.
 My bathroom! Storage galore! Ahh!

No comments:

Post a Comment