Sunday 17 February 2013

Super Sunday!





Well another week has passed!  I survived my cold and according to my mother, my last blog left me sounding "jaded" so... sorry about that aaahhaha! But the point is that I am feeling much better and have significantly depleted my stock of Buckley's Cold and Sinus but it was worth it.  I could not have survived without it! 

Thursday was the Grade 2 100th Day of School/Valentine's Day party which made for a pretty sugar-filled exciting day.  We did all sorts of fun 100's Day-related activities and the class exchanged Valentine's cards which was really sweet.  I was totally spoiled by my class and received lots of lovely cards and treats :)

Last week was also Teacher Appreciation Week and the Cree School Board, MES and Band Office totally spoiled us! Roses, desserts, cards, goodies and a delicious Pizza-Ghetti lunch on Friday's PED day! I felt appreciated for sure and the ladies in the Admin Office worked hard to make us feel so. 

This week I start my second half of Geometry with 3D shapes, should be pretty fun.  The kids are very tactile learners in my class and being able to use cool 3D manipulatives and lots of hands on activities makes learning a lot more fun.  I knew I had to step up my game when the kids kept asking for "fun math" - oops ahha.

So yesterday I was puttering around the house (...walking up and down my 10ft hallway) TOTALLY BORED out of my skull.  I am not really into traipsing around outside in frigid temperatures like many people here and I really needed to get out of the house so I decided on a last-minute trip to Radisson with Monika!  It was a beautiful day, clear skies and not too cold (-20 or something) and I felt I owed it to my car to stretch it's legs!

So off we went into the sunshine.  I won't give too many details as to spare my family back home the horror, but I almost killed Monika and myself.  Inbox me if you want details. LOL! (By the way, I am trying to bring MDR into popular rotation - its the French equivalent to LOL meaning Mort de Rire which I think translates into "death of life" or something.  So yeah, something I do when I LOL I guess.  Hey - when you live in Quebec and you are bored, you get creative/crazy)  Anyways, we survived, had a delicious lunch, shopped a little and made the trek back home.  Sometimes all you need to do to clear the cobwebs is take a 4 hour trip for a burger and some lemon juice and Splenda (which I am in desperate need of Mother**)

Today I limited myself to only a couple hours in the classroom to prep for the week.  I went in my most casual style today, PJ top, sweat pants and indoor/outdoor slippers.  Unwashed hair in a ponytail, no makeup and hairy, beastly eyebrows, I should have really taken more care to look semi-decent because I ended up meeting 3 new McGill student-teachers who arrived today as well as seeing my Principal and a few other teachers who were showing them around.  Welcome to Wemindji, I am a slob!! Anyways, they all seem like really friendly and eager ladies and I am very excited to work with them in some capacity while they are here!

NOTE:: I am in need of mini M&Ms for a baking project.  I don't know if they sell them in Canada anymore which presents a problem but if anyone sees them or knows someone in the States who would be willing to send me a bunch I would be REALLY grateful. Either those or the Mini-Mini Eggs I know I ate a million of one Easter, SO CUTE. Anyways, please help!!


THAT'S RIGHT - PINATA COOKIES! - donkey cookie cutter is in the mail!!!


Ommie Nommie!

100's Day!

FYI: I am still good for cheese - for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment